This page will present detailed information about the course curriculum soon.
Meanwhile, please find below an overview of the curriculum.
The course include self-paced online pre-course work followed by 3.5 days in-person sessions, consisting of lectures, hands-on exercises, genomic analysis demonstrations and group projects.
Genomics and data science
Introduction to genomics, data and ethics
Flow of data from sample to decision-making
Genomics data tools and pipelines
Data formats, analysis and presentation
Interpretation and application of genomic results
Training strategies for professionals
Elements of effective training and communication in genomics and bioinformatics
Outcome based approaches to training design
Evaluation planning and implementation
Delivery and Facilitation skills
At the end of the course, trainees will be able to:
- Explain the flow of pathogen genomic data/information from generation to interpretation in healthcare and public health settings.
- Design training and communication formats by applying evidence-based learning science methodologies.
- Identify appropriate training resources for use in training pathogen genomics and surveillance tools.
- Deliver pathogen genomic data science training to professionals working in genomic epidemiology, surveillance and outbreak investigation.
- Evaluate the self-developed training and knowledge sharing of pathogen genomic data science.